Trensports board olympics in Tokyo
Always 4 years ahead: the olympic games in Rio just started but we already keep you updated about the 5 new disciplines that the IOC just published for the Olymic games in 2020 in Tokyo.
Fights, Tears and Party – The Olympic Games have only started and we are already thinking of the future events. The IOC just published 5 new disciplines that will be on schedule for the Games in Tokyo in 2020. Inspiredbysports reveals more details and why the next games are going to be even more thrilling than in the past.
(1) Skateboarding: In the last years, japanese people started to become friends of the board and will introduce skateboarding as a new discipline at the olympic games.
(2) Climbing: Just like skateboarding, the hype about climbing conquered Asia and will be another discipline presented in 2020.
(3) Surfing: Boardfun on the water is guaranteed in Tokyo 2020 – Let’s see who is going to catch the biggest waves.
(4) Karate: Not as hyped as the other disciplines, but we are still happy that this fighting sport discipline is finally coming back to the olympic games.
(5) Baseball/Softball: American athletes are definately going to favour this special comeback – we are excited for what to expect.
The IOC aims on bringing back disciplines, that are popular and hyped especially in the host country and in the younger generation. “We want the youth to come back at sports and can no longer wait for them to participate”, according to the IOC director Thomas Bach.
28 summer sport disciplines and 10.500 athletes could attend so far. With the 5 newly introduced disciplines, there will be 474 more athletes competing for the golden trophy.
You might also like
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error