Kitesurf Masters in St- Peter-Ording
The „Kitesurf Masters“ started on the first august-weekend in the third and therefore second-to-last round. Multiple kitesurfers, hundreds of testers and thousands of fans came to beautiful St.-Peter-Ording.
Visitors from all over Germany came to follow the spectacular competitions in St. Peter-Ording. Besides those competitions, in the eventvillage all athletes and visitors had the opportunity to test the newest equipment.
What exactly are the Kitesurf Masters and how many tourstops are there?
This years tour consists of four stops and is a part of the highest ranked kite-regatta-series in Germany. The participants of the „Kitesurf Masters“ compete in the disciplines freestyle, racing and slalom and hereby fight for the title of the German champion. More then 50 attendees from all German states have registered for the „Kitesurf Masters“ in St. Peter-Ording. One of them is InspiredBySports expert and freestyle winner Linus Erdmann. Linus has prepared well during the course of the season and during the Budget Kitesurf Experience to be able to stun with his freestyle-tricks.
An these are the results:
- Overall: Florian Gruber, Jannis Maus, Andi Hanrieder
- Foilboard: Florian Gruber, Andi Hanrieder, Frank Rosin
- Raceboard: Jannis Maus, Elias Ouamid, Emmanuel Norman
- Ladies Racing: Annett Bremer
- Ladies Foil: Leonie Meyer
- Junior raceboard: Elias Ouahmid, Jan Bremer
- Junior foilboard: Julian Hein
- Overall: Xaver Kiebler, Elias Ouahmid, Jan-Philipp Ehm
- Youth (U-19): Elias Ouahmid, Jan-Philip Ehm, Jan-Niklas Paasch
- Junior (U-17): Xaver Kiebler, Jan Burgdörfer, Julian Hein
- Men: Linus Erdmann, Marian Hund, Jan Schiegnitz
- Women: Sabrina Lutz, Anne Valvatne, Helen Döpke
- Junior: Janis Rummer, Tom Maurer, Jasper Lund
What else did the Kitesurf Masters have to offer?
Apart from the competition and the athletic highlights, there was a full framework program. Well known kitebrands presented the current trends and a whole lot from 2017. The participants, as well as hobbykiter had the chance to try the equipment right there and were able to talk about the new systems and trends with the experts.
Pump tracks, slacklines and opportunities to shop brought in some change. Moreover the participants and all the visitors were able to overindulge with northern-german specialties and to set free their newly gained energy on the dancefloor at the musicevents in the evenings.
Picturesource: Choppy Water GmbH
Great event and great performance from all riders. We’re curious to know if IBS expert Linus Erdman is going to be just as sucessfull in round 4 and at the Kitesurf Worldcup.
You might also like
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error